Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everyone say hello to . . . ? Well, we don't have a name yet. But fear not. We are allowing the blogging world to have some say. Please vote in the poll and give us your feedback. If you vote "other" please leave a suggestion in the comments. But about this puppy.

We always told ourselves that, after we get a home of our own, we would like to get another dog. Roxanne also has been a bit pouty since we've moved away from the other dog Sasha. So we've been visiting shelters and looking on craig'slist. We came across this guy on craig'slist and went out to see him today. I really liked him, so here he is.

His previous owner has no name for him yet. He was born on February 12th and is the biggest boy in the litter. I saw his dad and he was a big boy. Both of his parents are Pit Bulls. Looking at his paws, this guy could end up pushing 70-75 pounds, just a guess. He is very mellow and has vacillated between following Kaaryn and me around the house and approaching Roxanne in her house. I made the mistake of giving her a rawhide chewtoy, so she is not making him feel at home yet. I post more as we learn more. For now, just weigh in on the name. I'll leave the poll up for a few days.

This is just about the only face shot I could get where he didn't close his eyes.


As you can see.


He was awake here. Just closed his eyes. Look at those paws.


This is the Mr. Magoo shot.


He really likes Salem and has already bathed her once.

3 comments:

Saleem said...

Based on my perception of Palmer Poll logic, I am going to wager a gentlemen's bet that the dog will be named the name that receives the least number of votes. Based on the polling so far it looks like the Palmer's have added 'King Shiz' to the family. Congrats!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

awesome! I love it! I think you should name him Squintz! cause he is a squinter. thats just my 2 cents. I'll make Sean add his in a few minutes...

Anonymous said...

he's super cute! I'm sure once Rpxanne gets through the rawhide, she'll make him feel right at home. I so like the name squintz also, keep us posted. Ps what software did you use for your poll?