Thursday, December 18, 2008

School is out, for now. I had a lot of work to finish in the last month. I just turned in about 75 pages worth of papers I've written for the end of the semester. I figure that I read all or part of about 25 books, and all of about 30-40 academic articles this semester. I plan on taking it easy for the next three weeks.

I thought, since I have been so bad about blogging as I was finishing the semester, I would make peace with the blogging world by sharing a little secret: I have recorded my entire life on video. Since I have been talking about school in this post, I will share a few videos from this semester.

I took a theory class this semester. We studied a range of literary theories. I have some segments from some of our classes. We began the semester with a study of Marxist theory:




A bit later, we did Feminist theory. I will admit, this one made me a bit nervous:



I also took a class that teaches students how to be good Administrators:



We all had that professor that was way too into the 60's. I'm afraid that I had that guy this semester:



And finally, I attended the convocation ceremonies. Something about this left me just a little unsettled:



I will get back soon.

2 comments:

Whiting Family said...

Hey Kaaryn. Cout me in for lunch on Saturday. I think it will be fun to get together with the girls...one request...lets go to an earlier lunch...its Trip's 2nd b-day and we have The Fam. here in town (all the more reason to get me out of my house...'cause of the family) Anywho, call me or just stop by!!!! Shanda

Anonymous said...

Man! We miss you guys. Sounds like you've been swamped, Matt. I'm glad that you like to read, or this whole school thing would be a bit of a conflict of interest. I'm not sure if I'll be back in time to see you :(, but Ryan gets back on the 27th... So glad you updated!! xoxoxo, T