Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Great Circle of . . . Stuff.

Here is something we have enjoyed of late. Kaaryn notices a bird's nest a few weeks ago. There were eggs in it. I refused to count them so as to, once again, assure compliance with axiomatic knowledge. However, they hatched this week. Three birds. I named them after the three wise men: Larry, Moe, and Shemp. Enjoy the pictures.

Strait from the White House Lawn. . .


Luckily, I have a lot of experience creeping through bushes with a camera.


Call them chicks? You pig!


Unfortunately, I had just vomited all my food for Salem.

3 comments:

A mother heart said...

Cute little chickadees. But just a warning in case you didn't know already: mites and/or chiggers live in birds' nests and can infest your home if the nest is close enough to it.

So unfortunate for the birds that you had already fed Salem. I'm sure pre-masticated dingdongs and hotdogs are a lot tastier than worms and berries and stuff.

Joshua said...

Penguins and polar bears have babies that are "cute" if a manly man like myself is allowed to use that word. But just about all other babies are just ugly right off the bat. And here is more proof for my arguement... thanks Matt.

Stu and Alyssa said...

I always always enjoy your posts! I really love the ones that have pictures of Salem. She is getting so big! She is the cutest!