Sunday, February 17, 2008

Staying consistent with my policy of giving credit where it is due, I have to thank Alyssa of Alysstu (Stewie and Alyssa) for giving me the idea of making this posting. For Stewie’s birthday, she wrote a number of things she likes about him. Since Kaaryn’s birthday is the 20th, I thought I would share 25 things I like about her in no particular order, this being her 25th birthday. For my 26th birthday in April, however, I plan on posting 260 things I like about myself (which, believe it or not, I already have composed and can be found in a laminated card in my wallet at all times). Stay tuned for that one. As for now, happy birthday Kaaryn.






25. When I’m on the phone with Kaaryn and I have to whisper on my end, she whispers on her end.

24. Kaaryn is supportive of anything that is important to me.

23. Right after, or just before, I do anything stupid, Kaaryn says “Babe” in such a way as to end any doubt in my mind.

22. Kaaryn is a wonderful mother.

21. Kaaryn treats our dog the way a sycophant treats his boss.

20. Kaaryn can drive a stick shift very well.

19. Kaaryn never focuses on material things: she never compares our situation with that of others, she rarely buys clothes, doesn’t lust after cars or large houses.

18. Kaaryn doesn’t get mad at me when I accuse her of losing whatever I’m looking for at the time. (It’s actually my fault about 99% of the time, but, man, that 1% is sweet!).



17. Whenever I rant about something for the 50th time, Kaaryn usually acts like she has never heard that particular rant before. (I’m beginning to suspect this requires less acting than previously thought).

16. Kaaryn works for a summer camp for people with various kinds of disabilities and it’s obvious how much she cares for all of her “campers.”

15. Kaaryn is nearly the malcontent that I am.

14. Kaaryn spends a lot of time doing very nice things for people: she has spent countless hours scrapbooking decades of pictures for her grandmother, she is beginning to donate milk to AIDS babies, she married me, etc.

13. She convinced me, after years of debate, that it is indeed funny when someone falls down.

12. Kaaryn hates Valentine’s Day, and the commercialization of Christmas.

11. When we do our haunted house, Kaaryn gets really stressed out making everything perfect, yet refuses to accept anything less than her best.

10. Kaaryn loves to watch College Football and is beginning to know a good deal about it.




9. Kaaryn never hesitates to disagree with me.

8. Kaaryn and I work at the same place and she’s better at my job than I am.

7. Kaaryn is very talented at decorating.

6. Kaaryn loves to play Rock Band and is considering tackling the drums next.

5. Kaaryn throws a baseball very well and enjoys playing catch.

4. Everybody goes to Kaaryn to talk about important things.

3. Kaaryn’s well-grounded nature is the perfect thing to balance my aloofness and idealism.

2. Kaaryn hates chick flicks and all other forms of treacle.

1. Kaaryn still hasn’t realized she married far beneath herself.




Happy birthday Kaaryn!

12 comments:

Stu and Alyssa said...

Kaaryn and I have the SAME BIRTHDAY!!! YAY! Happy soon to be birthday Karryn. I have to say Kaaryn you are probably the nicest person I know. We love hanging out with you guys and wish you lived a little closer so we could more. We have rock band and i must say we could always use some more people to play with us! We will have to get togther soon to play. I need to see Salem.

Stu and Alyssa said...

Oh by the way Stu wanted me to tell you that our official Hollywood name is Stalyssa.

Callister said...

Happy Birthday Kaaryn! Matt you are one lucky guy.

Nicole

Raysha said...

Great tribute to your wonderful wife. Kaaryn is definately a great person. I wish that you guys were going to be moving closer to us but we can't have everything we want, can we?

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

That was so freaking cute:) You really did get an amazing wife Matt! Me & Sean laughed out loud at #13. & tell Kaaryn that the drums on rock band are the best part!!! Happy Birthday!!!!

Brianna said...

How cute! Kaaryn is one amazing lady! One of the best friends I have ever had! I'm so glad you guys have that sweet baby girl so Kaaryn can teach another girl how to drive a stick shift... she gave me a lesson or two... :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I need to think of a way to subliminally convince Mike to write a list about me...
P.S. Thanks for checking out my blog and blogrolling me! I added you to my blogroll too :)

Cara said...

I LOVE LOVE THIS! My hubby needs to take lessons from Matt. :) Happy Birthday Kaaryn! We need to get together sometime soon. :)

Raysha said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAARYN!! Hope it's great!

Dawn Hancock said...

Happy birthday girly! Your husband is hilarious, and do you need a dictionary everytime he speaks? We went to college together so you can't possibly know what every word he says means can you? I know it just means that Salem will be extra smart with the parents she has. You make such a beautiful mother. I wish we were a little closer we would have to hang out. Have a fabuous day!

Raysha said...

Kaaryn, I didn't know that you have a Cricut. Did you get it for your birthday? I would LOVE to be able to get the products at cost. How are you able to do that?

Devin and Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Kaaryn! If Devin whispers into the phone for some reason, I whisper on my end too... now that I think about it!

That little park is in Mesa on Guadalupe and Alma School. It is better for little kids than Amazing Jakes in my opinion.