Monday, December 31, 2007

I spoke with my uncle Jon by way of the telephone the other week. Jon is in remarkable shape these days and he gave the secret to his cardiovascular success. Jumping Rope. So in an attempt to whip myself into shape, I went out and purchased such a devise. I've been at it for a couple of weeks now and I'm glad to report that, as of right now, I am jumping rope with skills that rank somewhere between an amateur heavyweight boxer and a ten year old school girl. Luckily for our readers, I'm able to take you through one of my workouts using the miracle of time lapse photography. Check it out.



0:15 Into the Workout


0:30 Into the Workout


0:35 Into the Workout. Full Recovery!


0:45 Into the Workout


One Minute into the Workout


1:15 Into the Workout


Wrapping it up. Time for cooldown.

5 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

out of control!

Robert and Tiffany Cagley said...

Matt Is that your baby??? I think she looks just like Kaaryn! We are just counting down the days untill we get to come down and meet Salem. I have a feeling that with all of the kicking that went on every time Kaaryn held MaKenna they are going to be Great friends! Cant wait to see you guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Callister said...

Where did you get your shorts? They are so bad. Oh wait, they are normal shorts. I bought Nicklaus a jump rope for Christmas. It's like the old days of "Get In Shape Girl." I know you were a closet Get In Shape Girl.

A mother heart said...

I think the jump rope skills of my 5 year old school girl might rival yours! We should set up a match. (My money is on the 5 year old!)

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Dear matt, you simply have no credibiliy when it comes to being manly, Just look at your jump rope pictures! Me how ever Im so manly that a simple pedicure couldnt even come close to calling my manlyness into question. Ill give you an analogy to help you understand. You see if a car like a VW BUG or a Chevy COBALT has somthing like a flower holder inside it, its thought of as "Uh thats a gay car" But if somthing like a corvette or a ferrai has a flower holder, its like who cares!!! No one cares about the flower holder, its a corvette!!
I my friend am a corvette, and my flower holder (manicure) doesent take anything away from my manlyness!! You however, Im not sure if you could pull it off

JuST JOkin
Sean